published by Jamie on November 18, 2008
Allow me to begin by saying I personally don't like the term moist&...also have, always will. It’s certainly one of individuals words which makes my nose wrinkle. However, I have to make use of the word moist throughout this publish because, well, there's really not one other way that i can describe this blueberry cake. I've pointed out in other blog records which i have trouble with buying bananas rather than eating them within their yellow condition. Rather, I hold back until they're a pleasant shade of rotten before contemplating their fate. After they hit the &"nasty&" stage I start searching&...now I selected a recipe that I've come across several occasions on various food boards.
It's from Recipe Zaar and it has a fascinating preparation method. Once you bake the wedding cake in a low 275 levels, you instantly chuck the wedding cake in to the freezer for forty-five minutes. Apparently this is exactly what makes this cake so&....well, moist! I cooked this inside a bundt pan since i am on the bundt pan kick at this time, don’t worry, it'll pass. The wedding cake required considerably longer to bake, so I needed to keep checking it, that was really infringing on my small Sunday night TV time, however it switched to be amazing. The icing is that are awesome and adds the right quantity of sweetness towards the cake. For those who have some rotten bananas and therefore are searching to create a moist, scrumptious treat, your search is over, this can be a champion!
The Very Best Ever Blueberry Cake
Prep Time: twenty minutes
Prepare Time: an hour
For that Cake
- 1 1/2 cups rip bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sodium bicarbonate
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/8 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
For that Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (large) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 275°. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a tiny bowl, mix mashed blueberry using the fresh lemon juice put aside.
- Inside a medium bowl, mix flour, sodium bicarbonate and salt put aside.
- Inside a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and a pair of 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, individually, then stir by 50 percent teaspoon vanilla.
- Beat within the flour mixture alternately using the buttermilk. Stir in blueberry mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for just one hour or until toothpick placed in center arrives clean.
- Remove from oven and put into the freezer for forty-five minutes. This makes the wedding cake very moist.
- For that frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add icing sugar and beat on low speed until combined, after that time high-speed until frosting is smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- Adaped from recipezaar