The meat cake is recognized as a bit of an legendary food both in New zealand and australia. Even though through the years tastes have evolved, the cake retains a strong devote the hearts and mouths of both countries.
Meat Pies are extremely popular at sporting occasions as well as on construction sites. Additionally they make scrumptious party or picnic food and are really simple to make.
- 1 Tbsp . of essential olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 400 grams of ground, lean beef (beef mince)
- 1 Tablespoons of of corn starch
- 3/4 cup of beef stock
- 1/8 cup of tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoons of of Wocestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegemite or substitute 1 vegetable stock cube
- 4 sheets frozen, ready-folded cake pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 small cake tins baking tray
- Tomato sauce (ketchup)
Increase grocery list
- Heat the oil inside a saucepan over medium-high temperature. Add some onion and fry for several-4 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Add hamburger and prepare for several-4 minutes, stirring and dumping a wood spoon until browned.
- Combine corn starch and 1 tablespoon of beef stock and stir well. Put aside.
- Add remaining beef stock, Wocestershire sauce, tomato paste and Vegemite to beef. Stir well to mix. Add cornflour mixture and stir. Provide the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for ten minutes or until thick. Remove from heat and awesome.
Continue Studying Below
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Convey a cake tin on pastry and cut a circle around it. Repeat tactic to make another 3 circles -- fundamental essentials cake tops. Put aside.
- Place cake tin on pastry again and cut a circle that's slightly bigger than tin (about 1/2 inch bigger) -- this is actually the cake base. Repeat tactic to make another 3 bases.
- Press base pastry into cake tins and press in the sides. Fill with meat mixture. Brush rims with water.
- Place cake tops over meat. Make use of a fork to press edges to close. Trim edges if required. Brush tops with egg.
- Place pies onto a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Serve with tomato sauce (ketchup).