- 1 pound linguine
- two tablespoons salt, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin essential olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- two tablespoons thinly sliced garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Essence
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white-colored wine
- two tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomato plants
- 1 pound rock shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound small clams, for example littlenecks, or cockles, scrubbed and purged in salted water, any open or damaged clams discarded
- 1 pound mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tulsi leaves
- two tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
Set a sizable, 1-gallon stockpot full of water to some boil and season with two tablespoons from the salt. Add some linguine towards the pot and stir before the water returns to some boil.
When the pasta is cooked, but nonetheless slightly firm, or al dente. remove in the heat and drain. reserving 1/2 cup from the pasta cooking water individually. Put the linguine inside a large, warmed bowl and drizzle with two tablespoons from the essential olive oil. Wrap with plastic and hang aside while you finish the sauce.
As the linguine cooks, result in the sauce. Set a sizable, 14-inch saute pan over medium-high temperature. Add some remaining 4 tablespoons essential olive oil and also the onions. Saute the onions until gently caramelized, about three or four minutes. Add some garlic clove, Essence and red pepper flakes towards the pan. Toast the garlic clove until browned, about 30-45 seconds. Add some white-colored wine towards the pan and prepare until nearly completely reduced, a couple of minutes. Add some tomato paste, crushed tomato plants. reserved pasta cooking water, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt towards the pan. Provide a boil, cover, and prepare before the sauce is slightly thickened, about four to five minutes. Add some shrimp, clams, mussels and tulsi towards the pan, cover, and prepare before the clams and mussels open, about four to five minutes. Toss to mix, and take away the sauce in the stove. Add some pasta sauce and parsley towards the cooked pasta and toss to mix. Serve with Parmesan for garnishing.
Contains Shellfish. Use of raw or undercooked shellfish may substantially increase the chance of foodborne illness.