This recipe seems in:
The Very Best Grilled Chicken Sandwich. [Photograph: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt]
Full of crushed poker chips, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and 2 different sauces, this juicy, drippy, scrumptious grilled chicken sandwich isn't just surprisingly fast and simple, it'll also rival any hamburger available.
Why this recipe works:
- By alternating layers of mayonnaise, crushed poker chips, a flavorful jalapeo-avocado sauce, lettuce, and tomato, this sandwich delivers a variety of textures, from crisp and crunchy to soft, tender, and juicy.
- By pounding and quick-brining the chicken breasts, the meat cooks evenly and stays moist around the grill.
- Grilling bacon around the fringe of the new zone crisps it perfectly while reducing flare-ups.
Serious Eats The Very Best F&$king Grilled Chicken Sandwich Ever Recipe Studying Options: Cooking Mode
- 4 boneless skinless chicken white meat halves, tender removed, six to eight ounces each
- 2 quarts cold water
- 1/3 cup kosher salt, plus much more for seasoning
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 small avocado, diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 large jalapeo, roughly chopped (a couple of tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems (from about 6 sprigs)
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- two tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, from 1 lime
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, halved
- 4 soft white-colored sesame hamburger buns, split
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup crushed ruffled poker chips
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- Four (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- Kind of fire: two-zone indirect
- Grill heat: medium-high
Place one chicken white meat inside a resealable plastic bag or between two bits of plastic wrap. Utilizing a meat pounder, moving pin, or small skillet, pound chicken white meat into a level thickness about 3/4-inches tall. Repeat with remaining 3 breasts.
Inside a medium bowl whisk together the water, salt, and sugar before the solids are dissolved. Add chicken breasts and refrigerate for half an hour.
Meanwhile, combine avocado, jalapeo, cilantro, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, water, and lime juice in blender and pure until an even, creamy sauce forms. Season eco-friendly sauce with salt.
Light one chimney filled with charcoal. When all of the charcoal is lit and engrossed in grey ash, pour out and arrange the coals somewhere from the charcoal grate. Set cooking grate in position, cover grill and permit to preheat for five minutes. Neat and oil the grilling grate. Remove chicken breasts from brine, pat dry with sponges, season to taste with pepper and salt, and brush gently with remaining two tablespoons oil.
Place bacon among hot and awesome sides of grill and prepare, turning from time to time, until the surface of bacon is bubbling although not yet crisp and browned, about fifteen minutes total.
While bacon cooks, place chicken over hot side of grill and prepare until well browned, three to five minutes. Switch and, utilizing a pastry brush or spoon, brush a coating of eco-friendly sauce throughout top side of chicken. Still prepare until second side is browned. Switch chicken and prepare until eco-friendly sauce is simply cooked, about one minute. Brush more eco-friendly sauce on second side of chicken, switch once again, and prepare until chicken registers 150F (or 160F if you want that you follow Food and drug administration guidelines) with an instant read thermometer placed into the middle of breast. If chicken browns an excessive amount of before it registers 150F, proceed to awesome side of grill, cover, and let prepare until chicken reaches temperature. Remove chicken from grill, let rest for five to ten minutes.
Place bun halves on hot side of grill, cut-sides lower, and prepare until gently toasted.
Spread 1 1/two tablespoons of mayonnaise on cut side of every bun half. Sprinkle two tablespoons of crushed poker chips around the mayonnaise. On every bottom bun, add 1/4 cup lettuce, adopted by 1 chicken white meat, 3 bacon pieces, 1 tomato slice, and 1 tablespoon eco-friendly sauce. Close sandwiches and serve immediately.