- 8 large red peppers
- two tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic clove
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- two tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- one to two tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels, gently roasted
- Cilantro Lime Sour Cream, recipe follows
Slice the peppers in two lengthwise remove stem, seeds and membrane. Place underneath the broiler skin side till the skin turns black and blisters. Remove and immediately place in a tiny paper bag or plastic container having a tight lid. Devote the freezer for ten minutes this can release the roasted skin. Remove peppers and chafe the black skin together with your fingers. Chop skinned peppers and hang aside.
Saute the butter, onions. and garlic clove until soft inside a heavy bottomed soup pot on medium-low heat. Add some reserved red peppers, tomato paste, and chicken stock. Provide a minimal boil, lessen the heat, after which simmer for ten minutes. Stir within the heavy cream. cilantro. salt, and pepper. Stir within the corn starch mixed after some cold water to thicken. Simmer a few minutes. *Allow the soup awesome slightly, after which merge batches inside a blender, or make use of an immersion blender to puree. Sprinkle the roasted corn within the soup before serving and top having a dollop of Cilantro Lime Sour Cream.
* When blending hot fluids: Remove liquid in the heat and permit to awesome not less than a few minutes. Transfer liquid to some blender or mixer and grow it a maximum of midway. If utilizing a blender, release the corner from the lid. Jetski from the vacuum effect that produces heat explosions. Convey a towel over the top machine, pulse a couple of occasions then process on high-speed until smooth.
Cilantro-Lime Sour Cream:
1 teaspoon finely minced fresh cilantro leaves
Inside a mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients intensely until light and creamy.
Professional Recipe. This recipe was supplied by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and constitutes a great quantity. The Meals Network Kitchens chefs haven't tested this recipe within the proportions indicated and for that reason cannot make any representation regarding the results.
Recipe thanks to Chef Mark Abernathy