Achaari aloo gobi is definitely an Indian side dish of potato and cauliflower roasted in pickling spices. Everybody makes their very own form of this dish — the recipe may even differ between two different households. Some cooks add spices earlier, some add later. Some use garlic clove towards the cauliflower, some don’t. The key for this version would be to not allow the cauliflower overcook and be mushy, such as the taters, so you receive a wonderful contrast between soft and firm in the vegetables and spicy and fresh in the herbs.
Achaari Aloo Gobi: Indian Pickled Potato and Cauliflower [Vegan]
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 taters, diced
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- two tablespoons mustard/essential olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida, onion powder, or garlic clove powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 eco-friendly chilis, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup vegan yogurt
- two tablespoons kasuri methi
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-two tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat a pan with 2 glasses of water along with a pinch of salt.
- Add cauliflower forests and diced taters into it. Allow them to boil for five minutes.
- Drain excess water and hang aside.
- Heat oil in another pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, crushed coriander seeds, onion seeds, and asafoetida and saut before the seeds splutter.
- Add chopped onions and saut until translucent.
- Add cauliflower florets, diced taters, crushed ginger root, crushed garlic clove, turmeric powder, curry powder, eco-friendly chilis, and salt.
- Sprinkle within two tablespoons water, and toss.
- Cover and prepare on medium heat for several-4 minutes.
- Add some vegan yogurt and blend well. Cover and prepare before the cauliflower is nearly cooked. Add kasuri methi and blend well.
- Cover and prepare for several more minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with grain or naan.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES Using These INGREDIENTS
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS
Anupama Paliwal is really a #1 Bestselling Author, a business owner, an artist, a Recipe Developer, Food Stylist, Food Professional photographer, and also the Founding father of the meals Writing and Cooking Website, 'My Ginger root Garlic clove Kitchen'. She's a food enthusiast who adores cooking wholesome meals on your own using fresh ingredients, shooting videos, clicking pictures and loves covering it. She attempts to find newer and innovative methods to perform the cooking in simpler, healthier faster ways, without compromising the truly amazing taste.