Cumin Cookies were the very first couple of cookie recipes which i attempted within my oven and been successful within my first attempt itself.The flavour from the cookies still lingers which i desired to bake them again however this time as biscuits having a crispier texture because the major difference I've found between cookies and biscuits is incorporated in the texture.These biscuits again were with an experiment mode but glad it switched out to become a keeper recipe.You may also make use of this like a base recipe for plain wheat grains cookies, just add any flavoring you want.
Preparation Time. 15 mins Cooking. 20 mins Makes. 25 small cookies
Recipe Category. Snack Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Powdered Sugar - 1/4 cup
Jeera - 1 heaped teaspoon
Unsalted chilled butter - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - 1/8 teaspoon
Milk - two to three tablespoons of
- Take wheat flour inside a mixing bowl add baking powder and salt into it, mix well.Adding chilled butter and powdered sugar.Break butter together with your fingers and rub it using the flour till it remblems breadcrumb like texture.Adding cumin seeds and blend it.
- Now add milk slowly and gradually to create a dough, not very tight a lot more like our chapathi dough.
- Cling wrap it and refrigerate for atleast 15mins.Utilizing a moving pin roll the dough slightly thin to at least oneOr8 inch thickness.Make use of a butter paper underneath to prevent sticking.
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Make use of a standard and reduce small shapes.Gather the rest of the dough and roll again,cut with standard and do this again before the whole dough will get over.Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 mins or before the edges begin to brown.Awesome in wirerack.
- Only use chilled butter with this recipe, I made use of homemade butter.
- You can include full maida or use half and 1 / 2 of maida and wheat flour.
- Don't overbake the biscuits will end up hard.
- The variations for this recipe really is limitless,substitute jeera with ajwain or add vanilla essence or add choco chips or then add spice powders and skip sugar etc.
- Refrigerating for some time avoids distributing of cookies whilst getting baked.
- I acquired around 25small cookies.
- The baking timing depends upon the cookie size and thickness.If you're creating a slighter thicker cookie then it could take atleast 20mins to obtain baked fully, so adjust the timing accordingly.Mine got completed in 15mins.
- These biscuits are mildly sweet, if you like more sweeter biscuits adding 1/2 cup powdered sugar for 1 cup of flour.