Chicken white meat cubes are velveted after which combined with broccoli within an oyster-flavored sauce. This recipe for Broccoli Chicken serves two to four.
- 3/4 - 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- To Velvet Chicken :
- 1 large egg white-colored
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- two tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- To Prepare Broccoli:
- 1 pound broccoli
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, in order to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar, in order to taste
- 2 garlic clove cloves
- 1 teaspoon corn starch combined with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups plus 4 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil, for frying
Increase grocery list
1. Cut the chicken into 3/4 to at least one-inch cubes. Inside a bowl, mix together the egg white-colored, corn starch and salt. Add some egg white-colored mixture towards the chicken cubes, tossing or making use of your fingers to coat the chicken within the mixture. Marinate the velveted chicken inside a sealed container within the refrigerator for half an hour.
Continue Studying Below
In another normal size bowl, mix the corn starch and water thickener and hang aside. Wash and drain the broccoli. Cut the stalk diagonally into thin slices. Cut the flowerets into three or four pieces. Crush the garlic clove.
3. Preheat a wok. Heat 2 cups oil within the wok until it reaches 275 levels F. (Test heat by putting a bit of chicken within the wok - it ought to float). Add some chicken cubes, and let prepare until they simply turn white-colored (about thirty seconds), utilizing a wooden spoon or chopsticks to lightly separate them. Rapidly take away the chicken cubes in the wok every time they turn white-colored, and drain inside a colander or in writing towels.
4. Drain the oil from the wok or preheat another wok on medium high to high temperature. Add two tablespoons oil. Once the oil is hot, add some crushed garlic clove and stir fry for ten seconds.
5. Add some broccoli, sprinkle the salt and sugar over, and stir fry briefly, turning lower heat if required to make certain it doesn't burn. Add some 1/2 cup water, and prepare the broccoli, covered, for four to five minutes, until it turns a vibrant eco-friendly and it is tender but nonetheless crisp.
Remove in the wok and drain.
6. Cleanse the wok as well as heat 2 more tablespoons oil. Add some broccoli and also the velveted chicken, stirring and tossing to prepare the chicken through. Add some sauce and corn starch mixture in the center of the wok and stir rapidly to thicken. Mix everything together and serve hot over steamed grain.
Readers Rating: 5 from 5 stars
Comments: "Excellent recipe. Everybody loved it. It sampled the same as they create it at Chinese restaurants. better still. I'll recommend this recipe to everybody, and all sorts of ingredients were very economical."