Today I provides you with a recipe of creating tasty traditional Kerala style parippu curry (parippu koottan / Moong dal curry). This Moong dal recipe is actually an easy someone to prepare one. Parippu curry could be offered with Appam. Steamed grain, Thenga choru etc. Moong dal curry is definitely an inevitable side dish within the traditional Kerala sadhya / grand feast. Don’t forget to tell me your comments after trying this special moong dal recipe.
Cheru parippu curry preparation
- Pressure prepare the moong dhal with half desert spoon turmeric powder before you hear three whistles.
- The moong dhal ought to be completely sank in water.
- Create a fine paste of three table spoon of grinded coconut, 1 clove garlic clove, 1/2 of the eco-friendly chilly, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder inside a mixer.
- Add some #2 mix towards the moong dhal.
- Add salt and extra water as needed.
- Inside a pan add oil, mustard seeds, finely chopped onion shallots (kochulli). one to two eco-friendly chillies sliced length vise, 2 red chillies, curry leaves and saute till it become golden brown.
- Add (#5) towards the moong dhal mix and serve hot with bolied grain / Thengachoru /
- Adding just a little ghee to the peak of curry can make it more tastier.
- Many people even fry the moong dal before using. I haven’t attempted it this way.
More tasty recipes!
Attempted & Sampled by
Hey all, I'm Reeja MytheenKunju. I'm a bit lazy house wife residing in Dubai with my loving husband and my kid Kunju. As if you all, I really like food and spend my spare time (or no) in Kitchen.
You are able to follow Reeja Mytheenkunju at.
This summer 5, 2013 at 8:26 am
I merely love that one
June 15, 2013 at 1:54 am
June 15, 2013 at 8:29 am
Thanks for visiting the little realm of CheenaChatti. If this sounds like the first trip to CheenaChatti, we invite you to have a look around here.
Join 14,000+ smart users to get FREE recipes and exclusive offers!
From your Kitchen
Suggested for you personally
CheenaChatti is really a team effort of couple of compatible individuals who loves cooking and would like to test out tastes within their leisure occasions. Its about cooking and little else. The term "CheenaChatti" may be the malayalam (native language of Kerala, typically referred to as God's own Country) name from the Chinese Wok / fry pan that takes center stage in almost any kitchen and therefore we named our website so.