Pan-Roasted Chicken with Harissa Chickpeas
Harissa is a superb shortcut component to flavor, but no two jars (or tubes) are identical. Taste first—if it appears very spicy, use a little less. You could stir more in to the chickpeas once the dish is completed.
- 1 tablespoon essential olive oil
- 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 lb.)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic clove, finely chopped
- two tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed
- cup harissa paste
- cup low-sodium chicken broth
- cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Harissa, a spicy North African red chile paste, can be obtained at Middle Eastern markets, some niche foods stores, an internet-based.
active: 20 min total: 45 min
Preheat oven to 425°. Heat oil inside a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high temperature. Season chicken with pepper and salt. Employed in 2 batches, prepare until browned, about a few minutes per side transfer to some plate.
Pour off basically 1 Tablespoons of. drippings from pan. Add onion and garlic clove prepare, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add tomato paste and prepare, stirring, until starting to darken, about one minute. Add chickpeas, harissa, and broth provide a simmer.
Nestle chicken, skin side up, in chickpeas transfer skillet to oven. Roast until chicken is cooked through, 20–25 minutes. Top with parsley and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
- Recipe by Beginning Perry
- Photograph by Hirsheimer & Hamilton
- Calories (kcal) 530 Fat (g) 20 Saturated Fats (g) 2.5 Cholesterol (mg) 160 Carbohydrates (g) 45 Soluble Fiber (g) 10 Total Sugars (g) 7 Protein (g) 56 Sodium (mg) 1050
Your rating: none