- 6 cups peeled, cored, sliced apples (a couple of lbs. or 6 medium)
- 1/4 cup any fruit juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon Pillsbury BEST ™ All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Smucker's ® Caramel Flavored Topping
- two tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg white-colored, gently beaten
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- two tablespoons granulated sugar combined with 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Crisco ® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Reserved dough scraps
- Reserved egg white-colored mixture
- Red and eco-friendly food coloring
- Granulated sugar
- Smucker's ® Caramel Flavored Topping
- PREPARE recipe for double crust cake. Unveil dough for bottom crust. Devote 9-inch cake plate. Press to suit without stretching dough, departing overhang. Don't bake. Reserve dough scraps for adornments. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon corn starch in cake crust.
- TOSS apples with juices in large microwave safe bowl. In a tiny bowl combine 12 cup brown sugar, tapioca, 1 tablespoon corn starch, flour, cinnamon and salt. Increase apples. Stir. Let stand twenty minutes, stirring several occasions.
- COVER bowl with plastic wrap vent. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 7 to fifteen minutes or until apples are partly cooked and mixture begins to thicken, stirring every 4 minutes. Stir in 12 cup caramel topping. Refrigerate until cold, or place bowl in cold water.
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Spoon filling into crust. Us dot with butter. Moisten pastry edge with water. Cover cake with lattice top.
- COMBINE egg white-colored and water in normal size bowl brush over lattice. Reserve extra egg white-colored mixture. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over lattice.
- BAKE at 425°F ten minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Cover with foil, if required, to avoid overbrowning. Bake yet another 40 minutes or until apples are tender and filling out center is bubbly.
- SPRAY a baking sheet gently without any-stick cooking spray. Unveil reserved dough scraps. Eliminate six to eight apple and leaf shapes. Divide reserved egg white-colored mixture in two. Add red food coloring to 1 half and eco-friendly with other half. Brush apples with red mixture leaving with eco-friendly mixture let it dry. Brush again. Sprinkle with a lot more granulated sugar. Put on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE at 375°F for six to eight minutes awesome. Spread backs with caramel topping. Arrange on cake. Awesome to 70 degrees before serving.
Dietary Information Per Serving
Meal (1 slice, 1/8 of cake), Calories 510 (Energy 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fats 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 450mg, Total Carb 74g (Soluble Fiber 3g, Sugars 38g), Protein 5g Percent Daily Value*: Vit A 2%, Ascorbic Acid 8%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values derive from a couple,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten-free by referencing the component labels, as products can vary. Denims ., contact the component manufacturer.
Girl Scout Cookie™-Inspired Treats
Our new brownie, blondie, and cupcake mixes are available in scrumptious flavors, inspired from your favorite Girl Scout Cookies®.
Pillsbury Baking has scrumptious recipes, baking basics and baking guidelines to help you help make your favorite homemade treats. From quality cake, brownie and quick bread mixes to frostings and flour, Pillsbury Baking offers a number of products and flavors for whatever your taste might be. Pillsbury Baking also provides sugar-free baking mixes and frostings. Awaken some smiles for the entire family!
Pillsbury, Pillsbury BEST, the Barrelhead emblem, the Doughboy character, and Pillsbury Bake-Off are trademarks from the Pillsbury Company, LLC, used under license. © 2016. Important Note: Those activities described on this internet site require adult participation and supervision. The Lady SCOUTS ® name, mark, and all sorts of connected trademarks and logotypes, including GIRL SCOUT COOKIES ®. THIN MINTS ®. and also the Trefoil Design, belong to Girl Scouts of america. The J.M. Smucker Clients are the official GSUSA licensed vendor. /™ The J.M. Smucker Company.