MAKES: 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground poultry
- 1 medium eco-friendly pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic clove cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomato plants, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic clove powder
- Optional toppings: reduced-fat sour cream and minced fresh cilantro
- Inside a large nonstick skillet, prepare the poultry, eco-friendly pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is not pink. Add garlic clove prepare one minute longer. Drain.
- Transfer to some 4-qt. slow oven. Stir within the tomato plants, kidney beans, black beans, broth, corn, tomato paste, chili powder, pepper, cumin and garlic clove powder.
- Cover and prepare on low for 4-5 hrs or until heated through. Serve with optional toppings if preferred. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Initially printed as Family-Pleasing Poultry Chili in Healthy Cooking December/The month of january 2010, p44
1-1/2 cups (calculated without optional toppings): 349 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fats), 60mg cholesterol, 725mg sodium, 47g carb (11g sugars, 12g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.