Akki Rotti is among my most favourite breakfast dishes. This a person's another Karnataka speciality recipe. There's two methods for making akki rotti. I'd published among the versions known as Masala Akki Rotti earlier within my blog. Masala akki rotti is very spicy alone and could be eaten with no side dish. However, the akki rotti recipe I've for you personally today ought to be had having a spicy side dish. I made Cabbage sabzi this time around. This is my entry for WBB#12- Spice up. We do hope you enjoy it.
For Cabbage Palya(Sabzi)
2 cups Cabbage, very finely chopped
1 teaspoon Chana-Urad Dal mixture
2 tablespoons of Fresh grated coconut
1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
2 strands Cilantro
1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
3-4 Curry leaves
A pinch of hing
Salt according to taste
1 cup Grain flour
1 teaspoon Oil
1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Heat oil inside a kadai Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, chal mixture and hing.
- Add chopped cabbage following the mustard seeds splutter. Prepare covered without adding water. Add chilli powder and blend. Saute regularly.
- Add grated coconut,salt and chopped cilantro once the cabbage is nearly cooked. Remove from stove and add lime juice. Mix well.
- Mix 1-2 teaspoon of grain flour, oil and salt within 1.5 glasses of water and produce the mix to boil on stove.
- For this, add some remaining flour and blend well. The grain flour should form just one dumpling and keep to the ladle.
- Remove from stove and allow it to awesome for some time. Knead rid of it when it's still warm.
- Take out small balls in the dumplings and roll them into circles utilizing a moving pin, like the way you would do for rotis/chapatis. Note: Do not concern yourself if cracks are created in the edges while moving out into circles. With grain flour, it's very nearly impossible to find perfect circles like how you can get with atta.
- Heat tawa on stove and prepare akki rotti on sides. Pour little ghee and serve hot with cabbage sabzi.
great akki rottis. been a lengthy time since i have attempted. just prompt.
Yumm nice combo Ramya! Akki roti madi thumba dina agide i believe it is time i helps it to be!
Never attempted making Akki roti, however it looks nice. The palya is tasty.After cooking the roti could be soft?
Hi Ramya, Ukkarisida rotti ummmm. I really like rotti of any type.
I'd this in the morning with aloo gobi dry sabji today. I've got a recipe of grain roti too :)
Love the akki rotti.I usually make plantation style akki rotti with cooked grain.This is the third way to ensure they are!:Deb
Cabbage palya goes perfectly with akki rotti.Looks yummy.
Hey,you realize my mother makes them so we give them a call "Uppi rotti". I attempted this once also it would be a disaster. Will attempt your method.
Many thanks for the comments. Felt great studying all of them. Akki rotti is definitely the very best. )
Ramya, as the appropriately pointed out Akki rotti is actually a food which has origin in Karnataka. Amma idannu chennagi bale yeleyalli thatti madodu.I simply like it with basale sambar. Lovely picture.