- 1 loaf unseeded and unsliced Jewish Rye bread
- 2 pounds corned beef, sliced (see Cook's Note)
- 12 ounces Russian dressing, recipe follows
- 12 ounces sauerkraut
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Russian Dressing:
- 3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plus two to three tablespoons chili sauce
- two tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped curly parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced dill pickle
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
Sprinkle the corned beef after some water, wrap it tightly in aluminum foil and steam it within the oven.
Meanwhile, place the whole loaf of rye bread (unwrapped) in to the oven. Bake the bread before the crust is extremely crunchy, about fifteen minutes. Set the bread around the counter and allow it to awesome for around a few minutes.
Once the rye bread is awesome enough to deal with put it on the cutting board. Contain the bread knife in a 45-degree position and cut 12 slices.
Go ahead and take corned beef from the oven and unwrap it. Spread each slice of bread with Russian dressing. Layer 1 / 2 of the slices with corned beef, sauerkraut and slices of Swiss cheese, then top the sandwiches using the remaining slices of bread (dressing-side lower).
Heat 2 large heavy skillets over medium heat. Brush the bread with butter. Place the sandwiches within the pans and weight all of them with a cover or heat proof bowl capped with something heavy. Prepare before the first sides are crisp and golden about 7 minutes then switch the sandwiches. Prepare before the second sides will also be well toasted and also the cheese is melted. Lift the sandwiches onto a cutting board. Cut each in two diagonally and serve.
Cook's Note: Buy top quality corned beef with this recipe. Avoid corned beef that's very lean.
Combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce. sour cream. parsley, onion, pickle, fresh lemon juice, horseradish and Worcestershire sauce inside a bowl and blend well. Yield: 2 cups
Professional Recipe. This recipe was supplied by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and constitutes a great quantity. The Meals Network Kitchens chefs haven't tested this recipe within the proportions indicated and for that reason cannot make any representation regarding the results.